● You are not legally obligated to provide us with any Personal Data (as described below), and you can do so (or refrain from doing so) at your own discretion.
● If you do not want to provide us with such Personal Data, or have it compiled by us or any of our Service Providers (described below), simply do not access our Sites or use our Services.
● You may likewise decide not to give us "discretionary" Personal Data, however, please remember that without it we may be unable to provide you the full scope of our services or with the best client experience when utilizing our Services.
● What information we collect
● How we use that information
● How we may share that information and for what purposes
● How we protect your information
● Your choices regarding our collection and use of your Personal Information, including
● How we use social media
● Limitation of liability
● The CAN-SPAM act
● GDPR-EU data protection law
● COPPA (children online privacy protection action)
● How to contact us
Information Collection and Use
Google Play Services
Data Collected by Servers, IP Providers, and Google Analytics
At the point when you visit, connect with, or utilize our Services, we may gather, record or create certain specialized data about you. We do so either autonomously or with the assistance of third-gathering Service Providers, including using "cookies" and other following innovations. Such data comprises availability, specialized and collected utilization data, for example, IP locations and general areas, gadget data (like sort, working framework, cell phone id, program form, region, and language settings utilized), date and time stamps of use, the and pixels introduced or used on the such gadget and the recorded movement (meetings, clicks and different cooperation’s) of Visitors and Users regarding our Service. for purposes including examination, service-, tasks, and business quality control and enhancements, and record-keeping purposes.
You have the right to object at any time, for reasons related to your particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning you carried out pursuant to United States Law on Personal Data Protection. In the event of your objection, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can prove compelling and justified reasons for the processing which outweigh your interests, rights, and freedoms. If you wish to file such an objection, please contact us.
Additional Information Data Collection and Use
When you visit the EpiReminder App, we may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of phone or operating system you use. Also, depending on whether you access as a Visitor on your PC or via your mobile device, we may collect your IP address or the unique identifier which are automatically recognized by our servers. You cannot be identified solely from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the App and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
What private data do we collect from the people who use our services?
When using our app, devices, or services, you may be asked to type in your name, email, address information, payment information, or other information to assist you with your
experience. When you create an account and use the Services, including through a third-party platform, we
may collect any data you provide directly, including:
● Account Data: In order to use certain features (like Paid or unpaid Services), you may need to create a user account. When you create or update your account, we collect and store the data you provide, like your email address, password, gender, and date of birth, and assign you a unique identifying number (“Account Data”).
● Location Data: the EpiReminder App was created to ensure you don't leave your medications behind. To do so, we are monitoring the location data of your phones and your EpiReminder chips. Your location data is never shared with other users unless you choose to share it during an emergency via our SOS service.
● Personal Data: Personal Data is information that can be used to identify you specifically, including your name, zip code, time zone, email address, telephone number, or demographic information like your age, gender, or hometown. You consent to give us this information by providing it to us voluntarily on our services or any mobile
application. You provide some of this information when you register with or make purchases from our website/App. You may also provide this information by participating in various activities associated with our site, including responding to blogs, contacting us with questions, or participating in group training. Your decision to disclose this data is entirely voluntary. You are under no obligation to provide this information, but your refusal may prevent you from accessing certain benefits from our website/app or from making purchases.
● Profile Data: You can also choose to provide profile information like a photo, headline, website link, social media profiles, or other data. Your Profile Data will be publicly viewable by others.
to determine how they use, disclose, and protect your financial data.
● Shared Content: Parts of the Services may let you interact with other users or share content publicly, including by posting reviews on a page, asking or answering questions, sending messages to other users, or posting photos or other work you upload. Such shared content may be publicly viewable by others depending on where it is posted.
Data About Your Accounts on Other Services:
● We may obtain certain information through your social media or other online accounts if they are connected to your Mediminder account. If you login to via Facebook or another third-party platform or service, we ask for your permission to access certain information about that other account. For example, depending on the platform or service we may collect your name, profile picture, account ID number, login email address, location, the physical location of your access devices, gender, birthday, and list of friends or contacts.
● Social Networking Data: We may access personal information from social networking sites and apps, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat, or other social networking sites or apps not named specifically here, which may include your name, your social network username, location, email address, age, gender, profile picture, and any other public information. If you do not want us to access this information, please go to the specific social networking site and change your privacy settings.
● Mobile Device Data: If you use our website/app or our products via a mobile device or app, we may collect information about your mobile device, including device ID, model and manufacturer, and location information.
● Those platforms and services make information available to us through their APIs. The information we receive depends on what information you (via your privacy settings) or the platform or service decide to give us.
● If you access or use our Services or buy products through a third-party platform or service, or click on any third-party links, the collection, use, and sharing of your data will also be subject to the privacy policies and other agreements of that third party.
When do we acquire information?
We get data from you when you use our app/devices/website, including the following ways:
• Registering on our Website/App to get updates about services or to buy devices or products;
• Creating your personal account on the Website/App (e.g. your name and email address);
• Processing your orders via our online services (e.g. your name, address, date of birth and payment details);
• Contacting Mediminder with questions or feedback about our services. This information is registered automatically with the visit by own configuration or manual of each tool on the website/App
• At the point when you visit, connect with, or utilize our Service, we may gather, record or create certain specialized data about you. We do so either autonomously or with the assistance of third-gathering Service Providers, including using "cookies" and other following innovations.
• Such data comprises availability, specialized and collected utilization data, for example, IP locations and general areas, gadget data (like sort, working framework, cell phone id, program form, region and language settings, Browser Information, Geographic location, Time of Visit, Referring site, applications or service, search engine utilized), date and time stamps of use, the and pixels introduced or used on the such gadget and the recorded movement (meetings, clicks and different cooperation’s) of Visitors and Users regarding our Service. for purposes including examination, service-, tasks, and business quality control and enhancements, and record-keeping purposes. This is for the purpose of improving the website/App, services, and security among which we include security inspection by the administration of the website/App and third parties.
How do we handle social media?
If you choose to register or log in to our website/App using a social media account, we may have access to certain information about you. Our Sites offer you the ability to register and log in using your third-party social media account details (like your Facebook or Twitter logins). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile Information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, e-mail address, friends list, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public.
Do we use Google Maps?
If you choose to register or log in to our website/App using a social media account, we may have access to certain information about you. Our Sites offers you the ability to register and log in using your third-party social media account details (like your Facebook or Twitter logins). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile Information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, e-mail address, friends list, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public.
How do we use your details?
We may utilize the data we procure from you when you sign up for and use our App and services; make a purchase; join our email listserve; respond to an email, promotion, or other correspondence; peruse the App/Website, or utilize certain other sites including in the following ways:
● To create your account;
● To deliver any products or services purchased by you to you;
● To correspond with you;
● To compile anonymous statistical data for our own use or for a third party’s use;
● To prevent fraudulent activity on our website or mobile app;
● To analyze trends to improve our website/App and offerings;
● To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information (e.g., to help provide our Site services to you);
● To personalize and develop our Site and the services we provide you through the Site and improve our offerings;
● To provide certain features or functionality of the services on the Site;
● For marketing and promotions;
● To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us;
● To provide you with support, communicate with you, and respond to your inquiries, including investigating and address your concerns and monitoring and improving our responses;
● To personalize your experience and deliver content and product and services relevant to your interests;
● To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Site, services, databases and other technology assets, and business;
● For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Site and services;
● To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
● To prevent illegal activity, fraud, and abuse.
● As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
Inquiries, issues, and complaints against the personal data
You are entitled by law to ask for a copy of your personal information at any time by Contacting Us.
• In the unlikely event that you have any concerns about how we use your personal information, please contact us. This includes situations where you want to request the rectification or erasure of your personal information, restrictions to be placed around how we use your personal information or to object to a particular use.
• If you make a complaint about our handling of your personal information, it will be dealt with in accordance with our complaints handling procedure. In the first instance, it will be reviewed by an appropriate member of our team who will respond to you within 28 days. If you are dissatisfied with this response, you may request that your complaint be escalated, in which case it will be passed to a senior person in our business who will review your complaint and the initial response and provide a further response within 28 days of your request to escalate the matter.
Customer data processing appendix:
“Customer Data" means any personal data that processes on behalf of the Customer via the Service, as more particularly described in this DPA.
"Data Protection Laws" signifies all information protection laws and guidelines appropriate to a gathering's handling of Customer Data under the Agreement, including, where pertinent, EU Data Protection Law and Non-EU Data Protection Laws.
GDPR-EU data protection law
"EU Data Protection Law" signifies all data protection laws and guidelines appropriate to Europe, including (I) Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the insurance of common people with respect to the preparing of individual information and on the free development of such information (General Data Protection Regulation) ("GDPR"); (ii) Directive 2002/58/EC concerning the processing of personal data and the protection of privacy in the electronic communications sector; (iii) applicable national implementations of (i) and (ii);
and (iii) in respect of the United Kingdom ("UK") any applicable national legislation that replaces or converts in domestic law the GDPR or any other law relating to data and privacy as a consequence of the UK leaving the European Union).
"Europe" signifies, for the motivations behind this DPA, the European Union, the European Economic Area as well as their part states, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
“Non-EU Data Protection Laws” means the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”); the Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”); and the Brazilian General Data Protection Law ("LGPD"), Federal Law no. 13,709/2018.
● Parties’ roles: If EU Data Protection Law or the LGPD applies to either party's processing of Customer Data, the parties acknowledge and agree that with regard to the processing of Customer Data, the Customer is the controller and is a processor acting on behalf of Customer, as further described in Annex A (Details of Data Processing) of this DPA.
● Purpose limitation: Mediminder shall process Customer Data only in accordance with Customer’s documented lawful instructions as set forth in this DPA, as necessary to comply with applicable law, or as otherwise agreed in writing ("Permitted Purposes"). The parties agree that the Agreement sets out the Customer’s complete and final
instructions to Mediminder in relation to the processing of Customer Data, and processing outside the scope of these instructions (if any) shall require a prior written agreement between the parties.
● Customer compliance: Customer represents and warrants that (i) it has complied, and will continue to comply, with all applicable laws, including Data Protection Laws, in respect of its processing of Customer Data and any processing instructions it issues to Mediminder ; and (ii) it has provided, and will continue to provide, all notice and has obtained, and will continue to obtain, all consents and rights necessary under Data Protection Laws for Mediminder to process Customer Data for the purposes described in the Agreement. Customer shall have sole responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and legality of Customer Data and the means by which Customer acquired Customer Data.
● Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, Customer agrees that it shall be responsible for complying with all laws (including Data Protection Laws) applicable to any emails or other content created, sent, or managed through the Service, including those relating to obtaining consent (where required) to send emails, the content of the emails and its email deployment practices.
● Lawfulness of Customer's instructions: Customer will ensure that processing of the Customer Data in accordance with Customer’s instructions will not cause Mediminder to violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule, including, without limitation, Data Protection Laws. Mediminder shall promptly notify Customer in writing unless prohibited from doing so under EU Data Protection Laws if it becomes aware or believes that any data processing instruction from Customer violates relevant privacy laws.
How do we protect your details?
● We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI specifications.
● We only provide articles and information. We never require credit card volumes.
● We use regular Malware Scanning.
● Your individual information is held behind secured systems and is merely accessible by a restricted number of people with special access privileges to such systems, and who must keep the information confidential. Furthermore, all very sensitive/credit information you provide is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
● We implement a number of security measures whenever a user gets into, submits, or accesses their information to keep up the protection of your individual information. All deals are processed through the gateway service provider and aren’t stored or refined on our machines.
together aggregate data about site traffic and site conversation so that we may offer a better site experience and tools in the foreseeable future.
● Understand and save users’ tastes for future views or visits to our app or website.
● Keep an eye on advertisements.
● Compile aggregate data about app and site traffic and connections in order to provide better app and site activities and tools in the foreseeable future.
● We may also use third-party advertisements on Mediminder to support our app site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP,
the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (Serving Online Booking ads to Travelers) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing marketing ads to someone who frequents marketing sites or blogs).
● We may also use third-party services that monitor these details on our behalf. You are able to choose that your personal computer warns you whenever a cookie has been directed, or you can select to carefully turn off all cookies. You can perform that through your web browser settings. Since each internet browser may vary, check out your browser’s Help Menu to learn the way in which to change your cookies. If you change cookies off, a number of
the features provided by our and other sites might not function properly.
California online privacy protection act
See more at https://consumercal.org/about-cfc/cfc-education-foundation/california-online-privacy-protectio
According to caloppa, we agree to the following:
● Users can visit our site anonymously.
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor USUALLY DO NOT Track signals and don’t Track, place cookies, or use advertising whenever a Do Not Track (DNT) browser method is set up.
Coppa (children online privacy protection action)
With regards to the assortment of private information from children under the age of 13 years, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in charge. The Federal Trade Commission, United States consumer safety firm, enforces the COPPA Guideline, which spells out what providers of websites and online services should do to safeguard children's privacy and security online. For more click this link: https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rules/rulemaking-regulatory-reform-proceedings/childrens-online-privacy-protection-rule
Fair information practices
The Fair Information Practices Rules form the backbone of privacy law in America and the ideas they include have played an important role in the introduction of data protection laws and regulations around the world. Understanding the Good Information Practice Guidelines and how they must be implemented is fundamental to adhere to the various privacy laws and regulations that protect private information. To become consistent with Fair Information Methods we will take the following responsive action should a data breach happen:
● We will inform you via email within 7 business days
● We will inform the users via in-site notification Within 1 working day
We also agree with the average person Redress Rule which requires that people have the right to legally go after enforceable privileges against data collectors and processors who neglect to adhere to the law. This theory requires not just that people have enforceable protection under the law against data users, but also that persons have recourse to courts or federal government agencies to research and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act on is a regulation that sets the guidelines for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial announcements, offers recipients the ability to have emails no longer delivered to them, and spells out fines for violations. We accumulate your email to be able to send information, react to questions, and/or other demands or questions.
To maintain compliance with CAN-SPAM, we will:
● Not use untrue or misleading subject matter or email addresses;
● Identify advertisements as such if we use them;
● Include the physical address of our site headquarters or business;
● Screen third-party e-mail marketing services for conformity, where possible;
● Honor opt-out/unsubscribe demands quickly;
● Allow users to unsubscribe utilizing the link at the bottom of every email.
If anytime you want to unsubscribe from receiving future e-mails, you can email us by using the contact form at our website/App Mediminder and we’ll immediately remove you from ALL communication.
Limitation of liability
This website/App’s entire liability, and your exclusive remedy, in law, in equity, or otherwise, with respect to the website/App content and products and/or for any breach of this agreement is solely limited to the amount you paid, less shipping and handling, for products or devices purchased via the website/App. We will not be liable for any
direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages in connection with any transaction or the products in any manner, including liabilities resulting from (1) the use or the inability to use the website/App content or products; (2) the cost of procuring substitute products or content; (3) any products purchased or obtained or transactions entered into through the website/App; or (4) any lost profits you allege.
● Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages so some of the above limitations may not apply to you.
● We make no legal representation that the website/App or products are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the UNITED STATES. You may access the website/App from outside the UNITED STATES at your own risk and at the initiative
Upon visiting this website/App you agree on release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless Mediminder and any of its contractors, agents, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, and assigns from all liabilities, claims, damages, costs, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, of third parties relating to
or arising out of your use of the website/App content; your use of the products; your violation of any provision of these terms; any unauthorized information or data you supplied to us. You will have sole responsibility to defend us against any claim, but you must receive our prior written consent regarding any related settlement.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This website/App originates from California. The laws of California without regard to its conflict of law principles will govern these terms to the contrary. You, hereby agree that all disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of California. By using this website/App, you consent to the jurisdiction and venue of such courts in connection with any action, suit, proceeding, or claim arising under or by reason of these terms. You hereby waive any right to trial by jury arising out of these terms.
Changes to this privacy notice
We reserve the right to alter this privacy notice at any time. Such alterations will be posted on our website/App. You can also obtain an up-to-date copy of our privacy notice by contacting us.
“App” or Application” refers to the Epiminder mobile application or any other mobile application
provided by Mediminder, Inc. and accompanying services provided by such app;
“Devices” includes the Epiminder location tracker and any other device produced by Mediminder Inc
that enables monitoring the proximity of medical treatments or devices;
“Website” or “site” refers to any website provided by Mediminder
”App/Devices/Website” shall include Mediminder Inc and any successor Website of the
Company or any of its affiliates;
If you would like to contact us to understand more about this Policy or wish to contact us
concerning any matter relating to individual rights and your Personal Information, you may do
so via contact us or email us at email@example.com.
This document was last updated on January 2, 2023